Simply Malayalees .com | Discuss Malayalam, Malayalees and Kerala
 www.fly2chennai.com  www.fly2kerala.com  www.agniSharman.com     Page Ranking Tool

Forum Home Forum Home > Holidays, Travel, Tourism and other discussions > Simply Visit - Kerala
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beaches in Kerala

Post Reply Post Reply  Nikhil Narayanan
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jumiram1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jumiram1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beaches in Kerala
    Posted: 13 October 2009 at 10:42am
Beaches, a bunch of them having historical significance is one of Kerala’s tour spot highlight. Kerala tour package are often chose with beaches.

Kodungalore, a coast near Kochi had been where St.Thomas, the Apostle of Christ and first missionary in Indian coast, landed.

Vasco De Gama, the first European voyager, stranded at Kappad near Calicut heralding the European invasion.

Kerala, with its finest beaches, offers surf and sand un-spoilt despite being used by trippers from across the world. Kerala beaches have a unique character.

Cool, saline breeze blowing on the coconut groves along the coast would function as a balm to an agitated soul.

Lose your heart to the mesmerizing charm of the tropical beaches such as Kovalam, Varkala, Shangumugham, Vizhinjam, Alappuzha, Kappad, Payyambalam and Bekal which includes in the kerala tour packages.
Kerala Ayurveda Tour Packages
amiraggarwal View Drop Down

Quote amiraggarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:52am
Some more beaches in Kerala:....

Bekal Fort Beach
Meenkunnu Beach
Cherai Beach
Varkala Beach
Payyambalam Beach
Shanghumugham Beach

karelmatt View Drop Down

Quote karelmatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2010 at 3:37am
Kerela has a 600 km long shoreline dotted with some of the finest, most charming beaches of the world, coconut groves,  natural harbors, lagoons and sheltered coves.  All of it as peaceful as the rest of the land, washed by the pleasant tropical sun and as pristine as ever.

Kovalam beach :

This internationally renowned beach resort of  Kerela  has been a favorite haunt of tourists since the 1930s.  Kovalam consists of three adjacent crescent beaches.  The southernmost , known as the Lighthouse beach, is the most popular, Kovalam offers accommodation options to suit all the budgets.

Poovar Beach :

Poovar is an unspoilt and unexplored island, envoloped by the most serene backwaters, and opening out to the sea and a dream golden sand beach.

Shanghumugham Beach :

This is a favorite haunt of sunset viewers.  The beach is adjacent to the Thiruvananthapuram ( Trivandrum ) airport and Veli Tourist Village.

The Varkala Beach :

Vakala is a seaside resort and spa, as well as an important Hindu centre of pilgrimage.  High cliffs with rich mineral springs rise majestically from the coastline.  The 2000 year old Sree Janardhana Swamy Temple and the Nature Care Centre are the two main attractions there

Alappuzha Beach :

This is one of the most popular picnic spots in alappuzha.  The pier, which extends into the sea here, is about 140 years old.

Cherai Beach - This lovely beach bordering Vypeen island is ideal for swimming.  Dolphins are occassionally seen here.

Fort Kochi Beach - The town was shaped by the Portuguese, the Dutch and later the British..

Kappad - This is the historic beach where Vasco da Gama landed on the 27th of May, 1498 with 170 men in three vessels.  The rock studded beach is locally known as Kappakadavu.  An interesting feature of the landscape is the sprawing rock that protrudes into the sea.  The temple on the rock is believed to be 800 years old..

Quote willturner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:17am
Bonjore Friends.

I am Will Turner from France.One of mine friend tell me and suggest about Kerala travel.He added that it is very beautiful place to travel with lot of diversity in the culture.Is it correct.Can i come to know about such tourist attractions where i feel serenity with out any problem during travel time.Please friends help me about this information and also tell about the travel aspects of Kerala Travel.
I am very glad if i know more things about Kerala.............
Pihu View Drop Down

Quote Pihu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2011 at 3:21pm
Hi willturner,

When you are in Kerala the opportunities to unwind, relax and enjoy nature galore.

You can stay at the tree house, tea Bungalows and Eco Farm .

Also try the famed Ayurvedic massage.
I am a Wanderer
vella View Drop Down

Quote vella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 11:55am
Its a great information for me.. I am visiting Kerala with my family for vacations and I have heard a lot about the beauty of the beaches.. I will definitely visit these places.. I was wondering to know any hotels near the beach area?

Quote kelvinpl80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 10:41am
The karala beaches are the best attraction places in Kerala. The vacation on beaches of Kerala is amazing experience. The climate of Kerala beaches is very fresh and pleasant. There are many people visit kerala to see the beauty and make the vacation most memorable.
 Post Reply Post Reply