Simply Malayalees .com | Discuss Malayalam, Malayalees and Kerala
 www.fly2chennai.com  www.fly2kerala.com  www.agniSharman.com     Page Ranking Tool

Forum Home Forum Home > Malayalee > Simply Malayalees
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedUGMA Union of German Malayali Associations Germany

Post Reply Post Reply  Nikhil Narayanan
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
agnisharman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Simply Malayalee

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: UGMA Union of German Malayali Associations Germany
    Posted: 25 February 2008 at 2:54am

frgflag.gif%20%28465%20bytes%29ugma.gif%20%2845776%20bytes%29flag.gif%20%2828637%20bytes%29

UNION OF GERMAN MALAYALEE ASSOCIATIONS

UGMA is an umbrella organisation of various Malayalee associations in Germany. It is a non-profitable registered organisation. UGMA is started in 1984 by a partnership of dedicated volunteers of young artists and hundreds of Indians, supported by the Germans. It has remained true to its original aims of encouraging the Indian sprit whilst enhancing the best of tradition.

General Objective
- to promote UGMA - Union of German Malayalee Associations as the most integrated professional group in Germany, which can unite all the regional Malayalee Associations and later to bring all the country wide associations representing Malayalees in all countries under one banner.

Special Objective
- to group the German Malayalees in a single platform under the name and style-UGMA every year and strengthen their bonds.
- to bring together the leaders of Kerala community in Germany and the political literacy, scientific and cultural personalities, leaders from India. Middle East Countries, Asia, America and Euro-countries.

Charity works
UGMA are working in a very good way in charity fields in Kerala for the poor in our state and initiate to help others by creative projects in Kerala.

International Cultural programs.
UGMA are organising every year international cultural programs with the associations of German Cultural departments participating many cultural groups from Kerala, cinema artists, music, Mimicry groups, and also participate other cultural groups from other Sates of India and other cultural groups from other foreign countries also malayalee groups from USA, ENGLAND, Switzerland, Austria,Italy, and Gulf countries.

Global Malayalee Conventions
UGMA organised Global Malayalee Conventions in Kottayam during 1997, and in Germany during 1999 and 2000.

UGMA Publication
UGMA bring out our own publication. It carries the name UGMA NEWS. It is published every 3 months and distributed all over the world.

President

Abraham John
Grummer Str. 2B
44809 Bochum, Germany.
Tel:0049-2345409000, Fax:0049-2345409001
president@ugma-germany.com

Vice President

Dr.Nishant Narayanan Nair
Semper Str. 115
44801 Bochum,  Germany.
Tel.0049-2347089982, 
vicepresident@ugma-germany.com

General Secretary

Treasurer

Mathew Cheruthottungal
Altenessener Str. 540 c
45329 Essen, Germany.
Tel.0049 -201480176, 
secretary@ugma-germany.com

Mrs. Annamma Dreker
Ruesel Str. 14 b
45143 Essen, Germany.
Tel : 0049-201642210,
treasurer@ugma-germany.com

OUR OFFICE

UNION OF GERMAN MALAYALEE ASSOCIATIONS

UGMA
GRUMMER STR. 2 b
44809 BOCHUM
GERMANY
TEL: 0049 /2345409000
FAX: 0049 /2345409001
info@ugma-germany.com

mat001 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 2:57am
It is an interesting wonder to me why someone would go all the way to some place like Germany and start unifying all the Malayalees in Germany under one umbrella !!

I always thought the objective was to integrate into the german or whatever community and adapt both in language and culture into the region you are in.

Interesting concept - I have always heard that a malayalee becomes much more malayalee when he is out of his native Kerala !!

Interesting this is very true in many of the other places I have been - the people in Kerala becomes more cosmopolitan , well adapted and world wise - the chap in the foreign country becomes more malayalee and even try to bring up their children under some very strict malayalee code of conduct that is not even practiced in Kerala.

Interesting scheme of things !!!
agnisharman View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Simply Malayalee

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 3:24am
Very True! and I agree with it...

Forget outside India. It happens in the very next neighbouring land... I am in Chennai the State Capital of Tamil Nadu

My dad being a Journalist & a Malayalm Author (P K Sreenivasan, INDIA TODAY) was strict that we speak only in pure "Achadi basha" inside our home. (We used to pretend to be Prem Nazir LOL)

But we brothers communicated more in Tamil and English.

One good thing we studied in ASAN Memorial School here in Chennai and were surrounded by all Malayalee Staff.

I even learned to read and write malayalam in school.

I started Onnam Pada in my 8th grade Tongue. And celebrated Onam in my school and college.

Does it sound like we trying to extend kerala's boundry across the world.

UGMA might endup having a small Kerala Township built somewhere in the German land (jus kiddi'n) - "Shyama Sundara Kera Germana bhoomi"
 Post Reply Post Reply